Welcome to my personal blog. This site is an aggregate of my work across organizations and platforms. My posts here do not reflect the official opinion or stance of any organization with whom I work.
A quick summary of topics you may see covered here:
- Accessible Community. I founded Accessible Community to help communities and small become disability friendly, support new accessibility professionals, and leverage the marketing power of people with disabilities for change.
- WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2 and 3. I co-chair the Accessibility Guidelines Working Group so have a different perspective on these standards.
- Accessibility for Cognitive and Learning Disabilities. I co-facilitated the Cognitive and Learning Task force for over a year and this topic remains one I focus on. I believe it is one of the hardest and most fruitful areas of accessibility and usability.
- Chemical Sensitivity. I am still learning to live with this and the adjustments have been challenging at times.
- Advocacy. As an individual still learning to live with a disability and now having family members with medical disabilities, this has been an increasingly important topic in my life.
- Building Accessible Escape Rooms. One of my favorite activities. It’s fun and educational for those of us building it, as well as those playing.
- Accessible Kiosks. Kiosks are becoming more popular and more diverse. It is a specialty area that does not yet get enough conversation.
- Usability, User Experience, and Accessibility Education and Mentoring. I occasionally teach usability, user experience, and accessibility at University of Illinois and University of Maryland. I also run the Accessibility Mentoring Program and am a member of Teach Access. The education landscape in accessibility in particular is changing rapidly.
- Accessible Cultural Heritage. Making cultural and historical content accessible has its own challenges and needs that deserve exploration and discussion.
- Leadership, Failure, and Faith. As I grow into my leadership roles, I am learning to embrace my growth journey through success and failure. Faith has become the foundation of that journey and will enter into my posts from time to time.
2 Peter 1:5-7